Black-Eyed Peas with Andouille
- ½-pound Andouille sausage, cut into ¼-inch thick slices
- ½ cup medium onion, diced
- ½ green bell pepper, diced
- ½ red bell pepper, diced
- 3 cups cooked black-eyed peas
- 1 cup chicken stock or water
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon of black pepper
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add Andouille and cook until browned on both sides for about 5 minutes total. Transfer to a bowl.
In the same skillet add onion and bell peppers and cook for 5 minutes, or until wilted. Add peas, chicken stock, Andouille, salt, and pepper and cook 5 minutes.