Black-Eyed Peas and Rice
- 2c basmati rice
- 1 can black-eyed peas, drained, liquid reserved
- Water, as needed
- 1 can coconut milk
½t dried thyme
¼t garlic powder
¼t black pepper
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced, white parts, couple inches of green parts
- 3 plum tomatoes cut into quarters
Pour reserved liquid from black-eyed peas and coconut milk into a large measuring cup. Add enough water to make a total of 3½c liquid.
- Pour rice, liquid, peas, and place rest of ingredients into pressure cooker.
- Close lid and lock. Set to "rice" and adjust for 8 minutes.
- When done, natural release for 10 minutes.
- Afterward, quick release until all pressure is released.
- Open. Let stand for 2 minutes.
- Fluff with fork and serve.