Black Beer Baked Beans
- 3 pounds Northern beans, soaked overnight
- 5 cups water
- 2 (12-ounce) bottles dark stout beer
½ cup ketchup
½ cup brown sugar
½ cup Dijon mustard
¼ cup grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons kitchen master
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 quart beef stock
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon adobo seasoning
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Over clean countertop, pick through beans and discard any misshapen beans and debris.
- Rinse beans and drain.
- Soak beans in unsalted cold water, ensuring that beans are completely submerged, for 2 hours.
- Drain and transfer to NuWave Pressure Cooker.
- Add remaining ingredients to Pressure Cooker
- stir to incorporate
Bring beans to boil on Medium-High (375°F).
- Once boil has developed, cover Pressure Cooker with lid and lock in push plate.
- Turn pressure regulator to 2 for high pressure.
Cook at 300°F for 2 hours, or until the liquid has reduced and thickened.
- Once cooking time is complete, release steam by moving pressure regulator to steam release position.
- Unlock push plate.
- Stir beans to coat in sauce.