- 4 large beets, peeled, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 T extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 shallot, peeled
- 1 T sea salt
- 1 T white pepper, ground
- 1 t smoked paprika
- 1 qt vegetable stock
- 2 T chives, chopped
- 8 oz goat cheese, divided
- Add all ingredients except cheese and chives to blender and pulse 10 times.
Blend on "Soup" for 5 minutes. If needed, reset blender to "Soup" and blend an additional 3 minutes.
- Add 4oz of goat cheese and pulse 3 times.
- Serve soup hot or cold and top with chives and remaining goat cheese.