- 5 lbs beef brisket, flat-cut, trimmed
- 2 yellow onions, medium, sliced thin
- 1 (12-oz) can beer
- 1 c water
- 3 cloves garlic, whole
- 2 T sea salt
1-½ t black pepper, cracked
- 1 T Dijon mustard
- 1 T brown sugar
- 1 T extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 t cayenne pepper
1-½ t cumin, ground
- In a blender or food processor, add garlic, salt, pepper, mustard, brown sugar, oil, cumin, and cayenne pepper. Blend until smooth.
- Rub mixture over brisket, including all the crevices. Wrap in plastic. Marinate in refrigerator for at least 24 hrs.
- When ready to cook, make a bed in the bottom of the cooker with the onions. Place in brisket, fat-side up, on top of onions.
- Pour in beer and water. Close and lock lid, set pressure cooker to "meat/stew", and adjust time to 45 minutes. Press start/stop.
When done, the brisket should reach an internal temperature of at least 145°F for medium-rare. When done, brisket will be tender.
- Transfer brisket and onions to a roasting dish. Place under a preheated broiler in oven for 5-10 minutes until meat is browned and reaches desired crispiness.
- Allow brisket to rest at least 10 minutes before slicing against the grain.