Beef Stroganoff with Egg Noodles
1½lbs beef chuck, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1T olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1c dry white wine
- 1t Dijon mustard
- 1T all-purpose flour
- 1c low-sodium beef broth
- 1lb whole white button mushrooms
3 carrots, cut into ½-inch chunks
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
¼c Neufchatel cheese
¼c roughly chopped fresh parsley
- 12oz whole wheat egg noodles, cooked
Toss beef with ½t of salt and ½t fresh ground pepper.
- Set to "sear" and add oil.
- Add beef and brown on all sides, about 4 min.
- Add onions, stirring frequently until onions soften and begin to brown, about 4 minutes.
- Add white wine, mustard, and flour. Bring to a simmer and cook until liquid is reduced by half, about 2 minutes.
- Add beef broth, mushrooms, carrots, and celery.
- Close lid and lock. Set to "meat/stew" and adjust for 18 minutes.
- When done, quick release until all pressure is released.
- Open and stir in Neufchatel cheese and add parsley. Add salt and fresh ground pepper to taste.
- Serve over cooked egg noodles, prepared according to package.