Beef Mongolian Beef
- 2 lb flank steak
- 2 eggs
- 2 t cornstarch
- 4 T vegetable oil (plus 2 T more)
- 2 T garlic, minced
- 2 T fresh ginger, peeled, minced
- 1 c sliced scallions (green and white parts)
½ c sugar
- 2 t freshly ground black pepper
- 6 t soy sauce
½ c beef stock
- Cooked white rice (for serving)
- Slice flank steak into thin slices and set aside.
- In a bowl, mix eggs, cornstarch, garlic, ginger, and 4T oil. Add steak and toss to coat. Marinate in fridge for 1 hr.
- Set to "sear", adjust for 20 minutes, and add 2 T of remaining oil. Add meat from marinade and sear both sides.
Add scallions (reserving some pieces for the garnish) and sauté.
- Add sugar, fresh ground black pepper, and soy sauce. Mix well.
- Add beef stock. Close and lock lid, set pressure cooker to "meat/stew", and adjust time to 5 minutes.
- When done, quick release and make sure all pressure is released before opening lid. Carefully open lid and stir. Season to taste, if necessary.
- Serve beef with cooked white rice. Garnish with reserved sliced scallions.