- 1lb. flank steak, sliced into strips
- ½c soy sauce
- Sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1½T liquid smoke
- 1T garlic powder
- In a bowl, combine the marinade ingredients. Then, add the beef strips and coat them in the marinade before placing them into a zip-lock bag and storing them overnight in the refrigerator.
- When they are ready, lay the beef strips on the Grill/Griddle Rack and place that in Position 2. Press Menu then turn the Select dial to Menu Preset 96. Press START/PAUSE to begin. Dehydrate (170˚F 0% Rear Heat 50% Top Heat 50% Bottom Heat Fan Speed 1 for 9 hours).
- After the oven is finished dehydrating, it will beep 3 times and display “END”. Carefully remove the jerky from the oven and let it cool for 10 minutes.
- Enjoy right away, or store your jerky in a resealable container.