Cubed Steak & Gravy
- 2 T extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, small dice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
2 lbs top round beef, pounded out to ⅛-inch thick
- 1 (2-oz) pkg. au jus mix
- 1 (10-oz) can French onion soup
- 10 oz water
- 2 T cornstarch (if needed)
- Parsley, rough chop (garnish)
Set pressure cooker to "sear" and add oil. When oil is hot, add onion and garlic and sauté until translucent. Add beef and brown on both sides.
- When done, add au jus mix, French onion soup, and water. Close and lock lid, set pressure cooker to "meat/stew", and adjust time to 4 minutes.
- When done, natural release for 5 minutes, then do a quick release and make sure all pressure is released before opening lid. Carefully open lid, set pressure cooker to "sear", and adjust time to 10 minutes. Allow sauce to come to a simmer and add cornstarch, if needed, to thicken sauce.
- Allow sauce to thicken to desired consistency then serve over rice or mashed potatoes topped with parsley.