Beef Burgundy with Root Vegetables and Red Wine
1½lbs lean boneless beef chuck roast, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 medium carrots, peeled, large dice
- 2 medium parsnips, peeled, large dice
- 4 Yukon Gold potatoes, cubed
2⅔ (8oz) fresh mushrooms, halved
¾c onions, cut into wedges
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bay leaf
¾t sea salt
½t dried thyme, crushed
¼t freshly ground black pepper
⅔c beef broth or beef stock
⅔c dry red wine
- 2T tomato paste
- 2T flour
- 6c cooked egg noodles (or 12oz uncooked)
- In cooker, combine beef, carrots, mushrooms, onions, parsnips, garlic, bay leaf, sea salt, thyme, fresh ground black pepper, beef stock or broth, red wine, and tomato paste.
- Close lid and lock. Set to "soup" and adjust for 12 minutes.
- When done, natural release for 35 minutes. Afterward, quick release until all pressure is released.
- Open and remove the bay leaf.
In a small bowl, add flour and ¼c water. Combine. Mix well.
- Add mixture to pressure cooker.
- Set to "sear" and adjust for 8 minutes (do not replace lid). Cook until stew has thickened and is bubbling, stirring frequently.
- Serve Beef Burgundy over cooked egg noodles.