- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 pounds large stew meat (top sirloin), cut into 1½-inch cubes
- 1 large red onion, small diced
- 2 cups dry red wine
- 1 pound Yukon gold potatoes, skin on, medium diced
- 2 whole kohlrabi, peeled and diced
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 cup pearl onions, peeled
- 1 quart (32 ounces) beef broth
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- Set Skillet to 425ºF and place oil in Skillet, followed by the beef. Sear on all sides until browned then set aside.
- Sauté red onions, pearl onions, and kohlrabi for 8 minutes.
- Add beef, then the wine and let it deglaze in the pan. Reduce wine by half.
- Stir in beef broth and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to 300ºF, cover with lid, and let simmer for 35 minutes. Make sure to stir occasionally.
- Add potatoes and continue to simmer at 300ºF, cover with lid and cook for 30 minutes or until potatoes and beef are tender.
- Season with salt and pepper.