Beef Barley Soup
- 2t olive oil
- 3lbs stew beef (chuck or pot roast)
- 1 onion, diced medium
- 2 carrots, peeled, diced large
¼c celery, diced
- 8oz mushrooms, sliced
- 1T tomato paste
- 1T Worcestershire sauce
½t freshly ground black pepper
- 1c pearl barley, rinsed, drained
- 4c chicken stock
- Set to "sear" and add oil.
When oil is hot, add beef and sauté for 4 minutes. When done, remove beef, set aside.
Add onions, celery, carrots, and mushrooms and sauté for 4 minutes.
- Add tomato paste and Worcestershire sauce.
- Add barley, chicken stock, and return beef.
- Close lid and lock. Set to "soup" and adjust for 10 minutes.
- When done, natural release for 35 minutes. Afterward, quick release until all pressure is released.
- Open and ladle soup into bowls. Serve with hearty bread.