Barley Risotto with Shrimp & Artichokes
- 9 oz artichoke hearts, quartered
- 4 oz baby spinach
- 3 c lobster base (optional)
- 3 c water (or any stock)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 c pearl barley
- 1 c onions, small dice
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 1 T extra-virgin olive oil
- Black pepper, cracked
- Sea salt
- 2 oz Parmesan cheese, grated (garnish)
- 2 t lemon zest (garnish)
- Add artichoke hearts, spinach, lobster base (optional), water, garlic, barley, and onions to pressure cooker.
- Cover pressure cooker with glass lid only. Do not close the cooker's lid. Set to "slow cook" and adjust time to 3 hrs.
- When done, remove glass lid. Barley should be tender. Most liquid will be absorbed. Season with salt and pepper, as needed.
- 10 minutes before serving, add shrimp and set pressure cooker to "sear". Cook until shrimp are opaque in color. When shrimp are cooked, remove glass lid. Season to taste with salt and pepper and garnish with Parmesan cheese and lemon zest. Serve.