- 6 firm ripe bananas, peeled and sliced in two, lengthwise
- 6 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 1 stick butter
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- Dash cinnamon
- ¾ cup rum
- In large skillet, melt brown sugar and butter on medium (275 degrees).
- Add bananas.
- Roll bananas in brown sugar and butter mixture.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and sauté until tender about 2 minutes.
- Add rum, wait a few seconds and flambé.
- Baste bananas until flame dies.
- Remove from heat.
- Serve two slices over ice cream and spoon sauce on top.
- Serve immediately.