Balsamic Chicken Thighs
- 8 chicken thighs, skinless
¼t sea salt
¼t freshly ground black pepper
- 2t olive oil
¼c shallots, minced
- 1T fresh thyme, minced
¼c dry red wine
¼c balsamic vinegar
¼c chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- Set to "sear" and add oil.
- Season chicken thighs with sea salt and fresh ground black pepper.
Place chicken in and sear until golden brown on each side, about 3-5 minutes; set aside.
Add shallots and thyme and sauté until soft and shallots are golden.
- Pour wine into cooker and deglaze the bottom to release the bits. When most of the liquid has evaporated, add balsamic vinegar, chicken broth, honey, and bay leaf.
- Return chicken to cooker.
- Close lid and lock. Set to "poultry" and adjust for 5 minutes.
- When done, quick release until all pressure is released.
- Open and remove bay leaf. Serve.