Baked Spatchcock Greek Chicken
- 1 (3½ - to 4-lb) whole chicken, spatchcocked
- 1 c extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice of 2 lemons, zest of 13 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 T chopped fresh oregano
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 green onions, sliced
- ¼ c roughly chopped fresh dill
- Cooking spray
- To spatchcock the chicken, using strong kitchen scissors or poultry shears, cut down either side of the spine. Pull out the spine, turn the chicken over, and press down on breast of chicken to flatten it out to 1 inch thick.
- In a bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, zest, garlic, and oregano. Pour half of marinade over the chicken and marinate in fridge for 1 hr. Reserve other half of marinade for serving later.
- Remove chicken from marinade. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spray the enamel baking pan with the broiler rack with cooking spray. Place chicken in baking pan with broiler rack. Insert Probe into thickest part of the breast. Set Probe to 165°F. Place on cooking racking rack in position, Set to bake at 360°F. Cook until an internal temperature of 165°F is reached.
- When done, remove chicken and place on a serving platter.
- Add green onions and dill to the reserved marinade in bowl. Mix well.
- Pour some of the marinade over chicken on the platter. Serve with some of marinade from bowl on the side.