Baked Meatball Sandwich
- 2 lbs ground beef
- ½ c ricotta cheese
- ¼ c freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ c Panko bread crumbs
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 T minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 t red pepper flakes
- Sea salt
- Cooking spray
- 1 large baguette, cut diagonally into 4 pieces
- 8 oz thinly sliced Provolone cheese
- Pesto (prepared)
- In a large bowl, combine beef, ricotta, Parmesan, bread crumbs, eggs, parsley, garlic, red pepper flakes, and salt. Mix gently just until combined.
Form mixture into 12 meatballs (size of golf balls). Place meatballs on a lightly oiled 10-inch nonstick round roasting pan; set aside (room temperature).
- Preheat Bravo to 400°F. Once preheat is complete, bake meatballs until they have browned evenly, 10-12 min.
- When done, remove meatballs and let rest for 5 minutes.
Lay pieces of baguette cut side down in a pan on cooking rack in position 2. Toast in Bravo until golden brown, about 3 minutes.
Lay provolone slices on half of toasted baguette pieces. Place 3 meatballs on top of cheese-lined slices. Garnish with pesto. Place in pan and into Bravo oven. Set to bake for 4 min.