Bacon Split Pea Soup
- 14 oz split peas, rinsed
- 1 lb bacon, sliced, medium dice
- 6 c chicken stock
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 carrots, small dice
- 1 yellow onion, small dice
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- Parsley, minced (garnish)
- Set the pressure cooker to "sear", press "start/stop" and add bacon. Cook until crisp. Remove bacon and set aside on paper towels to drain.
- Add onions, carrots, and garlic to the bacon fat left in the pressure cooker. Cook until onions are tender.
- Add the chicken stock and the split peas. Close and lock the lid. Set the pressure cooker to "beans" and press "start/stop".
- When the pressure cooker is done cooking, do a quick release. Once all pressure has been released, carefully open and add the bacon back into the pressure cooker.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper, if needed. Ladle into bowls and garnish with parsley and serve hot.