Asian Mushroom Soup
- 2 T extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 3-inch piece ginger, peeled, thin sliced
- 2 portobello mushrooms, cleaned, thin sliced
- 2 c cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 10 shiitake mushrooms, cleaned, cut in half
½ Napa cabbage, hand-torn
- 2 carrots, peeled, julienned
- 2 c snow peas
- 3 qts chicken stock
- 3 T soy sauce
- 2 T fish sauce
- 1 c scallions, thin sliced (garnish)
- Dark sesame oil (garnish)
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- Set pressure cooker to "sear", add oil, and press "start/stop".
- When hot, add garlic and ginger. Cook until light brown, about 3 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and remaining ingredients to cooker except scallions and dark sesame oil.
- Close and lock lid, set pressure cooker to "soup", adjust time to 8 minutes, and press "start/stop".
- When done, quick release and make sure all pressure is released before opening lid.
- Carefully open lid and check seasoning. Add salt and pepper, if needed.
- Ladle into serving bowls. Garnish with dark sesame oil and scallions.