Artichokes with Butter Sauce
- 2 artichokes (about 10 ounces each)
- 1 lemon, juiced
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 teaspoon of dill or tarragon, or oregano (Your favorite herb)
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice (from lemon above)
Wash artichokes; trim stems and remove loose outer leaves.
Cut off 1 inch from the top; snip off the sharp leaf tips.
Brush the cut leaves with lemon juice.
- In a large saucepan or stock pot bring a large amount of water to boil by turning on to sear (this is the fastest way to bring water to boil).
- Add salt and artichokes to boiling water.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Simmer covered for 20-25 minutes or until leaves pull out easily.
- Drain artichokes upside down on paper towels.
- Melt butter, on medium-low and stir in herb and 1 tablespoon lemon juice.
- Transfer butter sauce to bowl and dip artichokes leaves in butter.