Arroz Con Pollo
- 2lbs chicken thighs, boneless, skinless, cut into quarters
1½c uncooked long-grain white rice
½c pimientos, sliced (for garnish)
½c sweet peas, drained, (for garnish)
- 1t saffron threads
- 3T warm water
- 1t sea salt
- 5 cloves of garlic, minced
¼c vegetable oil
½ red bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium Spanish onion, diced
½t ground cumin
- 1t dried oregano
- 2c chicken broth
In a bowl, place saffron threads in warm water; set aside.
- Clean and pat dry chicken and place in a separate bowl. Add sea salt and garlic. Set chicken in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- When ready to cook, set to "sear" and add oil.
- Place chicken in pressure cooker and brown, cooking in batches, if necessary.
Add diced bell peppers and onions. Sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add cumin, oregano, chicken stock, rice, and saffron water. Stir to combine.
- Bring up to a boil and cook for 5 minutes.
- Close lid and lock. Set to "rice" and adjust for 17 minutes.
- When done, natural release for 35 minutes. Afterward, quick release until all pressure is released.
- Open and fluff rice with a fork. Serve on a large platter and garnish with sliced pimientos and sweet peas.