Apple Pie Egg Rolls
- 8T unsalted butter
- 3 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, cut into ¼-inch cubes
- ½T vanilla extract
- ½t cinnamon
- ½c sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 2T all-purpose flour
- 2T lemon juice
- 6 egg roll wrappers
- ¼ stick butter, melted
- Powdered sugar (optional)
- Cooking Spray, as needed
- Press Menu and use the START/PAUSE dial to select Menu Preset 56. Press START/PAUSE to begin preheating.
- Combine the unsalted butter, apple cubes, vanilla, cinnamon, sugar, salt, flour, and lemon juice in a saucepan and bring the mixture up to a simmer for 2-3 minutes over a medium-high heat.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and continue simmering for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and set the apple mixture aside to cool.
- Lay out the egg roll wrappers on a cutting board in a diamond shape.
- Brush the melted butter along the edges of each egg roll wrapper.
- Place about 2T of the apple mixture in the center of each wrapper, leaving about 1 inch of space along the edges.
- Fold the end of the wrapper nearest to you over the filling to seal. Fold the sides over and roll the wrapper into a tight cylinder shape.
- Once preheated, the unit will beep twice, display “Ready”, countdown for 10 seconds and then beep once to give you time to insert your food. Spray the Air Fry Basket with cooking spray. Place the egg rolls in the Air Fry Basket and slide it into Position 2. Begin cooking at 390˚F for 10 minutes, after which the unit will beep three times and display “End”.
- When done, remove the egg rolls from the unit and sprinkle them with powdered sugar (optional).