Apple Pie Egg Rolls
- 8 T unsalted butter
- 3 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, cut into ¼-inch cubes
- ½ T vanilla extract
- ½ t cinnamon
- ½ c sugar
- Pinch salt
- 2 T all-purpose flour
- 2 T lemon juice
- 6 egg roll wrappers
- ¼ stick melted butter
- Powdered sugar (optional)
- Add unsalted butter, apple cubes, vanilla, cinnamon, sugar, salt, flour, and lemon juice to a saucepan. Bring up to a simmer on medium-high heat and simmer for 2-3 min..
- Reduce heat to medium-low and continue simmering for 2-3 min.
Remove pan from heat and let apple mixture cool; set aside.
- Lay out egg roll wrappers on a cutting board and into a diamond shape.
- Brush edges of wrappers with melted butter.
- Place about 2 T of apple mixture in center of each wrapper, leaving about 1 inch of space along the edges.
- Fold end of wrapper nearest to you over the filling to seal. Fold sides over and roll the wrapper into a tight cylinder shape.
- Spray Mesh Tray with cooking spray.
- Place egg rolls on Mesh Tray. Place Tray with egg rolls in position 1 and cook at 390°F for 8-10 min.. When done, remove and sprinkle egg rolls with powdered sugar (optional).