Apple Glazed Carrots
- 5 carrots, peeled and cut into long bias
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 whole cloves
½ teaspoon coriander seeds
1¼ cups pure apple juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 ounces white wine vinegar
- Kosher salt & butcher ground black pepper to taste
- In 10.5-inch PerfectGreen Fry Pan, melt butter on Max/Sear.
- Add cloves and coriander seeds.
Add carrots and sauté for 5-6 minutes, or until slightly tender.
- Season carrots with salt and black pepper.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to boil on Max/Sear for 10 minutes.
Reduce heat to Medium-High (375°F) and continue to cook for 8-10 minutes, or until cooking liquid has reduced and carrots are tender.
- The Chef recommends avoiding the blanch and shock method in order to give the final product a little more bite.
- Adding dry spices with natural oil to hot butter helps release the flavor.