Apple Cinnamon Flan
- 1 c water
- 5 T maple syrup
½ t cinnamon, ground
- 2 apples, peeled, cored, sliced
- 3 eggs
- 3 egg yolks
2 ½ c milk
- 6 T sugar
½ t vanilla extract
- In a saucepan, combine maple syrup, cinnamon, and apples. Simmer until apples are tender. Divide the apples and place equally into 6 buttered ramekins.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk egg (yolks) and the 3 eggs until combined. Add milk, sugar, and vanilla. Pour mixture into ramekins and cover with aluminum foil.
- Place steamer rack in bottom of cooker. Pour in water. Place ramekins into cooker. Place as many as will fit, but do not overcrowd.
- Close and lock lid and set pressure cooker to "bake", adjust time to 5 minutes, and press "start/stop". When done, natural release for 10 minutes, then do a quick release to make sure all pressure is released before opening lid.
- Carefully open lid and carefully remove ramekins. Repeat, if necessary, with any remaining ramekins. Place ramekins into fridge to cool flan before serving.