Andouille Beef Burgers
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Cajun or Creole seasoning blend
- ¼ teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- ½ pound Andouille sausage, cut into ¼ -inch cubes
- ¾ cup pecans, toasted and chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1½ pounds ground chuck
- Garlic, to taste
- 4 large hamburger buns
- 1½ pounds onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil plus more for brushing pan
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon golden brown sugar
Spicy Mayonnaise Ingredients
Caramelized Onion Ingredients
- Place all mayonnaise ingredients in NuWave Twister, or small food processor, and pulse until fully incorporated.
- Transfer mayonnaise to small bowl and refrigerate until ready to use.
- In large bowl, combine beef, sausage, garlic and pecans. Mix thoroughly.
- Shape beef mixture into 4 (½-inch) patties, set aside.
- Add olive oil to medium skillet, or grill, and heat on Medium-High (375°F).
- Mix together onions, olive oil, garlic and brown sugar and toss until thoroughly mixed.
- Add onions to skillet and cook for about 4 minutes, stirring often, until onions are golden.
- Remove onions from pan, garnish with salt and pepper and set aside in covered dish.
- Place Cast Iron Grill on PIC and brush with olive oil.
- Grill buns on Medium-High (375°F), cut side down for about 2 minutes, until golden. Transfer buns to serving tray.
- Add additional oil to grill and heat on Medium-High (375°F).
- Season patties with salt and pepper and place on grill and cook for about 3-4 minutes per side for medium-rare.
- Transfer cooked burgers to buns and repeat step 12 with remaining patties.
- Place onions evenly on each burger and spread spicy mayonnaise onto each top bun.
- Add any additional toppings and enjoy.
Spicy mayonnaise can be prepared up to 2 days before serving. Simply cover and chill after preparation.
You don’t have to use ground chuck. You can use any type of ground beef, but make sure it has 20% fat.
Chef recommends topping these burgers with blue cheese, watercress and heirloom tomato.