Air Roasted Cornish Hens
- 2 Cornish hens
- 1 yellow onion, quartered
- 4 stalks celery, large dice
- 3T extra-virgin olive oil
- 4T parsley, chopped (for garnish)
- 4 cloves garlic
- Sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2T chili powder
- In a small bowl, combine all of the dry seasoning ingredients.
- Rub the hens with oil and then season them with the dry seasoning mixture.
- Stuff the cavities with the onion, celery, and garlic.
- Press Menu then turn the Select dial to Menu Preset 76. Press START/PAUSE to begin preheating Stage 1 (Air Roast at 350˚F with 40% Rear Heat, 30% Top Heat, 30% Bottom Heat, and Fan Speed 2).
- Once the oven has preheated, it will beep twice, display “Ready”, countdown for 10 seconds and then beep once to give you time to insert your food. Open the oven Door. Place the Grill onto the grill/Griddle Rack and place hens on the Grill, then insert the Probe into the breast of the largest bird before sliding them into Position 1. Close the oven Door to begin cooking Stage 1 to an internal Probe temperature of 130˚F.
- Once Stage 1 is finished, the oven will move on to Stage 2 (Air Roast at 375˚F with 40% Rear Heat, 30% Top Heat, 30% Bottom Heat, and Fan Speed 2) to an internal Probe temperature of 155˚F, at which point the oven will double beep three times and pause.
- Open the oven Door and remove the hens, leaving the Probe in to monitor carryover cooking to 165°F. When the carryover target temperature is reached, the oven will beep three times and display “END”.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.