Air Fryer Coconut Shrimp and Apricot Sauce
- 1½ lbs uncooked large shrimp, peeled, deveined, tails left on
- 1½ c sweetened shredded coconut
- ½ c panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 4 large egg whites
- 3 dashes Louisiana-style hot sauce
- ¼ t sea salt
- ¼ t pepper
- ½ c all-purpose flour
- Cooking spray
- 2 lemons, cut into wedges
- 1 c apricot preserves
- 1 t cider vinegar
- ¼ t crushed red pepper flakes
- Preheat Bravo to 375°F. Set to “Air Fry”, and set Cooking Rack in position 2.
- In a shallow bowl, toss coconut with bread crumbs. In another shallow bowl, whisk egg whites, hot sauce, salt and pepper. Place flour in a third shallow bowl.
- Dip shrimp in flour to coat lightly, shaking off any excess. Dip in egg white mixture, then in coconut mixture, patting to help coating adhere.
- Spray Air Fry Basket with nonstick cooking spray. Working in batches, place shrimp in a single layer in Air Fry Basket. Cook 8 min. until coconut is lightly browned and shrimp turn pink and opaque.
- While cooking, combine all sauce ingredients in a small saucepan. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until preserves melt. Serve shrimp immediately with sauce.